Whether you're arranging a one-day meeting for 10 people or a three-day convention for 1,000, the Rosarito Beach Hotel can meet your needs professionally and perfectly. With more than 500 rooms and suites, numerous meeting facilities and extensive dining options, we'll assemble the perfect package for your event, and assign a professional planner to guide you through the process. Our beautiful beachfront setting in the heart of Baja's most popular tourism area will make your event even more memorable.
5 tips to keep in mind when planning your next Mexican meeting:
1. Tax Free in Mexico is not a reimbursement. In this case, you don’t pay the money and get it back, as is sometimes the case with VAT promotions for tourists. If you set up your Tax Free meeting correctly, you will never be charged the 16% (or 11% in coastal and border areas).
2. It begins and ends with the Venue. All services for which you receive the tax benefit must be booked through the hotel or venue with which you sign the contract. You will want the Venue to subcontract other required services, such as lighting and audio, meals, entertainment, etc. You can tell the hotel what you want, but it has to show up on their bill.
3. Paperwork is the Key. In order to receive the benefit, ALL participants in the meetings must provide a copy of their passport and tourist visa, and they must sign a registration book for the event. If some of your participants do not provide this information, you will be charged tax on their expenses (rooms, meals, etc.).
4. Payment from Abroad: The payment for the event must be made with a non-Mexican credit card or wire transfer. In some cases, these payments can be made to local PCOs, but restrictions apply and you need to make certain it is done properly. Check with your planner.
5. Not for Incentives, but.... Technically, this promotion is not for incentive travel. It is for conventions, business meetings, congresses, fairs and exhibitions. However, a total of four days, two prior and two post, are covered by the tax free period. Thus make sure that the "Incentive" does include meetings. Therefore, if you organize well, you can give your employees up to four days of relaxation, tax free. In fact, the tax savings for the event itself may go a long way to covering a few days of relaxation for deserving employees or clients.
ADH Events. by Alexander deHilster.
USA Toll free: 1 866 ROSARITO Ext.11369 • MEX Toll free: 01 800 265 2322 Ext. 11369